Monday Muzak VIII: SuperSonic

From Soule to Sonic, we're jumping off the smooth and atmospheric ship and spin dashing our way toward the fast-paced sounds of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. Growing up, Sonic had been a vice of mine for years. It wasn't until later on that I realized my biggest connection with the game was with it's soundtracks.



A remix, but an amazing one nonetheless. It takes the light and hoppy tone of the original and transforms it into some sort of reggae-meets-metal audiobaby. You still get hints of the original song's bubblegum flavor, though, which leaves me feeling a little minty.

Hit the jump for more.



I love the way this one drives the mood. Around 0:40 in you get a taste of some dramatic piano-esque pounding, coupled with a whirling buzz that keeps you on your toes.



Angel Island painted quite an inspirational piece for me. A little xylophone beat, some heavy rock, and you're shooting across paradise.



By far, this is the catchiest song from the franchise I've heard yet.





Hydrocity's background music caught me by surprise. At first, it doesn't seem like much, but over the course of the first 0:30 seconds in each act it builds and builds into an outstanding jazzy tune.

Thanks Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment