Monday Muzak LXII: From the Outset

I spent the majority of my time during the hours I played Wind Waker in the initial 'starting level', Outset Island. There weren't that many tasks the player could perform here, apart from a 51-floor dungeon that never takes long, but I found myself compelled to return there on a regular basis. I'd visit Link's grandma, mess around with the livestock, and run back and forth on the bridges overlooking the great sea. And I'd have a blast. If I returned at night, when the island's inhabitants retired indoors, I'd take on the responsibility of eradicating as many slime monsters as I could. I wasn't earning an achievement for an extraordinary amount of killed slimes. I just enjoyed being there. The waves hitting the shores, the wind visibly flowing through the air...ahhh. Relaxing. Comforting. Like home!


No comments:

Post a Comment