Monday Muzak LV: Deep Moon Robot

There was a summer when I was a teenager that felt absolutely barren. There was nothing to play. I'd look through my library contemplating what to put into my PS2, but something was missing. Adventure. I frequented the local Gamestop enough throughout that time that I started asking for recommendations. What should I play? Lunar, they said. After promptly returning it I came across one particular piece of cover art. I recalled an old Playstation Underground demo disc I had with an Armored Core demo from back in the day and rejoiced. Giant robots? Giant customisable robots? I was so in.

The game was a blast, but the world seemed to intrigue me more than any other. So much of it was unexplained. So much of it seemed empty and eerie. Otherworldly. For a time, embarrassingly, I even wrote some fan fiction for it. I think the music behind the game added to that. It wasn't necessarily ground-breaking, but the futuristic beats complimented the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment